Thursday, December 22, 2011

Do you owe what I owe?

I found this on the web:

St. Louis bankruptcy attorney Wendell Sherk published his riff on a popular Christmas song – Do You Owe What I Owe?


(To the tune of “Do You Hear What I Hear?”)

Said the neighbor to the young man,

“Do you owe what I owe?

Bills up to the sky, young man,

Do you see what I see?

A choice, a choice, waiting in the night

A new start to end the year alright,

A fresh start for a New Year’s Night.”

Said the collector to the young man,

“I know what you owe,

Bills up to the sky, little debtor man,

Do you hear what I say?

Pay what you can’t pay, little debtor man!

With a voice as big as the sea,

With a voice as big as the sea.

Said the young man to the lawyer kind,

“Do you know what I owe?

In your palace warm, lawyer man,

Do you know what I owe?

An arm, a leg, I’ll be out in the cold–

Help me save a little silver, or gold,

Help me save a little silver, or gold.”

Said the judge to the people everywhere,

“Listen to what I say!

Be at peace, people, everywhere,

Listen to what I say!

A fresh start, a new start, waiting in the night

To bring you peace and goodness,

To bring you quiet in the night.”

With apologies to Noel Regney & Gloria Shayne Baker

http://www.bankruptcylawnetwork.com/a-bankruptcy-riff-on-christmas-songs/